Call for Papers:
We would like to announce a call for papers (original and review articles) for the American Journal of Clinical and Experimental Urology (AJCEU).
The publication fee will be waived for SBUR members until December 31, 2022.
Before your submission, please make sure to read Information for Authors and complete the checklist before submission. A manuscript that is not prepared properly may be delayed for processing and even rejected without formal review. Additional guidelines can be found here
To further benefit SBUR members, AJCEU offers a twenty-five percent (25%) discount off publication fees charged to authors, and any manuscripts (special articles) authored by SBUR members which are invited by AJCEU for publication will be published free of charge. Please identify yourself as an SBUR member in a cover letter with your submission.
Top 10 Cited AJCEU Publications
- Xinyu Wu, Garrett Daniels, Peng Lee, Marie E Monaco: Lipid metabolism in prostate cancer. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2014;2(2):111-120.
- Vamsi Parimi, Rajen Goyal, Kate Poropatich, Ximing J Yang: Neuroendocrine differentiation of prostate cancer: a review. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2014;2(4):273-285.
- Cameron M Armstrong, Allen C Gao: Drug resistance in castration resistant prostate cancer: resistance mechanisms and emerging treatment strategies. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2015;3(2):64-76.
- Fei Ye, Li Wang, Mireia Castillo-Martin, Russell McBride, Matthew D Galsky, Jun Zhu, Paolo Boffetta, David Y Zhang, Carlos Cordon-Cardo: Biomarkers for bladder cancer management: present and future. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2014;2(1):1-14.
- John Michalak, David Tzou, Joel Funk: HoLEP: the gold standard for the surgical management of BPH in the 21st Century. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2015;3(1):36-42.
- Karen S Sfanos, William B Isaacs, Angelo M De Marzo: Infections and inflammation in prostate cancer. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2013;1(1):3-11.
- Noriko N Yokoyama, Shujuan Shao, Bang H Hoang, Dan Mercola, Xiaolin Zi: Wnt signaling in castration-resistant prostate cancer: implications for therapy. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2014;2(1):27-44.
- Zoran Culig: Proinflammatory cytokine interleukin-6 in prostate carcinogenesis. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2014;2(3):231-238.
- Weisheng Xu, Liying Yang, Peng Lee, William C Huang, Carlos Nossa, Yingfei Ma, Fang-Ming Deng, MingZhou, Jonathan Melamed, Zhiheng Pei: Mini-review: perspective of the microbiome in the pathogenesis of urothelial carcinoma. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2014;2(1):57-61.
- Partha P Banerjee, Subhadra Banerjee, Terry R Brown, Barry R Zirkin: Androgen action in prostate function and disease. Am J Clin Exp Urol 2018;6(2):62-77.
As of 2017, The American Journal of Clinical and Experimental Urology (AJCEU) is the official journal of the SBUR. AJCEU is an open-access medical journal that publishes papers produced by SBUR members and other researchers. The scope of AJCEU encompasses all areas of Urology. AJCEU welcomes original and review, commentary, and current opinion articles on both clinical investigation, translational, and basic research. Occasionally, editorials, special topic issues, short communications, case report, policy related topics and invited perspectives will also be published. Manuscripts, including figures and tables, must be original and not under consideration by another journal.
SBUR has significant involvement and representation with AJCEU, specifically with regard to manuscript review and acceptance responsibilities for publishing papers. Below is a list of how SBUR and ACJEU are working together.
Scientific Advisory Committee
To ensure that the AJCEU is maintained at the highest levels of integrity and quality, the SBUR will nominate a majority of the members to the Scientific Advisory Committee to develop and oversee policy decisions of AJCEU. The SBUR Immediate Past President will serve as chair of this Committee, and shall hold the title of Journal’s “Associate Editor”.
The AJCEU Editorial Board will also include the participation of SBUR members. The Editorial Board will review manuscripts according to guidelines established by the Editors-in-Chief and the Scientific Advisory Committee. The Editorial Board shall meet a minimum of once per year during the SBUR annual meeting.
To further benefit SBUR members, AJCEU offers a twenty-five percent (25%) discount off publication fees charged to authors, and any manuscripts (special articles) authored by SBUR members which are invited by AJCEU for publication will be published free of charge. Please identify yourself as an SBUR member in a cover letter with your submission. Click Here for instructions for authors.
Proceedings of the SBUR fall meeting will be published in AJCEU (including meeting abstracts and session summaries). All SBUR annual meeting travel award recipients will automatically qualify for submission of a full length manuscript of their presentation at SBUR to AJCEU. Abstracts from the SBUR Fall meeting will be published in AJCEU, which is indexed in Pub Med.