The Society for Basic Urologic Research was created to advance and promote the knowledge of basic scientific research in the field of urology by fostering interdisciplinary communication across a broad array of researchers and urologic topics.
The SBUR offers four categories of membership to fit the professional needs of researchers of all levels, as well as a variety of benefits to fit the needs of each of our members. Annual membership with SBUR includes:
- Outstanding Scientific Meetings/Discounted Registration Fee. The SBUR offers excellent scientific programs at the spring and fall meetings held in exciting and fun locations. Members also have the opportunity to attend the Summer Research Conference held by the American Urological Association and SBUR members may also attend the EAU Section of Urological Research at a reduced rate . These events offer an unparalleled opportunity to learn about the latest advances in basic urologic research. As a member, you will be the first to receive abstract submission information, meeting programs, registration forms and registration discounts.
- Eligibility for prestigious SBUR awards. The SBUR is proud to provide the following awards to members:
- Young Investigator Award
- Trainee Travel Awards
- SBUR/Society of Women in Urology Award for Excellence in Urologic Research
- Distinguished Service Award
- Meritorious Achievement Award
- Coffey Innovative Research Award
- Network of Experts. Access to the SBUR website and members only section to network with other SBUR members.
- Career Advice. Have a question for an expert, but don’t know who to ask? Send a message to us and we will do the research. Have a career related or practice question that needs an answer? Contact us. We are here to help you with any professional concerns you may have.
- Grant Funding. Receive updates and links to AUA and other research funding opportunities.
Below is a listing of SBUR membership categories. Please review the categories to determine which one you are eligible for.
Active Member – Annual Dues $165
Open to individuals working in the field of urologic research or who contribute to this field. Active members may hold MD, PhD, MD/PhD or other academic degrees and are not required to obtain licensure or certification in Urology.
In-Training Member – Annual Dues $50 or three (3) years $110
Open to individuals currently pursuing their academic degrees or postgraduate training (residency, fellowship, post-doctoral training) and are actively engaged in the field of urologic research.
Corporate Member – Annual Dues – $2,500
Corporate Membership is open to those working in businesses, industries and/or other commercial entities affiliated with urologic research. Any M.D., PhD, or other health care professional or scientist who devotes more than 25% of his or her professional activities, or time to a commercial or public media entity are eligible for Corporate membership.
Lifetime Member – One-time Dues Fee $2,500
Lifetime members shall include active members in good standing who choose to pay the one-time membership dues payment of $2,500 in full.