The Society for Basic Urologic Research (SBUR) was formed in 1986 and is the pre-eminent US-based urologic research society. Our members include molecular and developmental biologists, oncologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, andrologists, biochemists, bioinformaticians, and clinical urologic surgeon-scientists from academia, industry and government. SBUR scientists’ expertise includes the study of urologic cancers (prostate, bladder, kidney, testis, penis), the biology of benign diseases of the prostate, bladder and kidney, developmental biology, kidney and bladder function, autoimmune urologic diseases, infectious diseases, neurourologic diseases, male reproductive biology, infertility and erectile dysfunction.
SBUR was organized to
- Provide a forum through the annual meeting for the presentation and discussion of basic, translational, and clinical scientific topics related to urology
- Promote advocacy and the interests of urologic disease investigators with national funding agencies, industry representatives and academic institutions with regards to urology related research
- Promote collaborations among member scientists and exchange of expertise between clinical and basic scientists
- Develop educational forums concerning scientific advancements related to the field of urology
- Serve as a resource for research information and expertise to clinical urologists through the American Urological Association and Urological societies worldwide.